Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hmph...yep

Greetings, Internet! It has been some time now, but your boy is back. Much to discuss, let's do it to it...


FOOTBALL IS BACK:

It's about damn time. I could only watch so many more Twins/Tigers baseball highlights before I just lost it. That shit is terrible, and I'm glad football is started and here to stay for a while. The weekends are a hundred times better in every way, and I don't know how I went without watching games all day for so long. None of my favorite teams (Memph, Pitt) look to be super awesome or anything, and I already don't like all 3 of my fantasy teams (yeah, 3 is too many, I know, never done it before, already regretting it, back off), but I could really care less. I watched every second of the Ravens/Jets game last night and it was everything I had hoped for and more.

Random Observations:
  • The Jets look overrated. Their D still looks good, but their little near-Super Bowl run last year made people forget one thing: they still can't score. They didn't last year and got to the SB on big plays and defense. Unless Santonio has a real big year when he comes back, they will not score enough.
  • The Ravens look scary good, but beatable.
  • The Lions got screwed. Glad I'm not a Lions fan after that game.
  • Ray Lewis is terrifying.
  • Anyone seen the story about the Mexican reporter being "harrassed" by Jets players? It's obviously a non-story and overblown, but my God, has anyone seen her picture? (Sorry poo, just think of her as my Robin Patterson or whatever - gay Twilight guy)

Predictions:

AFC Championship: New England Patriots 24, Baltimore Ravens 14

NFC Championship: New Orleans Saints 38, Green Bay Packers 35


Super Bowl: New England Patriots 41, New Orleans Saints 27
Co-MVP's: Tom Brady, Randy Moss

(Notice the Giants aren't mentioned anywhere babe?)


Other Stuff:
  • Hey, I finally beat Brickbreaker a few weeks ago. It only took me over a year or more to do it too! It was very surreal...I was like "holy s*** I'm going to beat this thing!" then it just starts back over at Level 1 like I haven't just accomplished anything at all. Bastards. Way to rain on the parade, Brickbreaker. Our little work/poop breaks are through!
  • The lady friend and I are almost done in our quest to catch up on all 6 seasons of The Office before it starts back up next Thursday. Only 6 more episodes to go and we are so there...
  • I don't think anyone that reads this watches Entourage, but maybe, anyways Season 7 just ended. I didn't get into the show til about Season 4ish, and later I come to find out that the first 3 seasons were all awesome apparently and all the ones I've seen since are pretty crappy in comparison. I've stopped keeping up with the show before, but this season that just ended was pretty solid I have to say. It was only 10 episodes, though, and they were all 25-30 minutes, even the premier and finale. I dunna, I just think that's lame - not enough episodes or show for a primetime HBO show. And HBO has announced Season 8 next summer will be the final season before a movie comes out after that. And Season 8 will only be 6 episodes long. Lame. Even lamer is that I probably just wasted all of your time because you don't watch it. I apologize.

Well, I'm sure there's more I could chat about, but I gotta jet. Later alligators.

No comments:

Post a Comment